We’re growing our team for September 2023!
We are looking for an EFL specialist to teach General English and Cambridge exam preparation to small groups of children, teens and adults.
Abbiate English is a small English language school founded in 2009 in Abbiategrasso near Milan, Italy.
In September 2022 we moved to new modern and specially designed premises just outside the historic centre where we continue to offer high-quality English Language services to students of all ages from the surrounding area. Since March 2020 we also offer courses online. We are currently expanding the business in different directions and we’ve just introduced a Summer School programme in the month of June for example. We have adopted the latest Oxford materials for Primary School this year and we’ve developed our teaching style to effectively use the large interactive panels newly installed in the classrooms. Our qualified and experienced team of teachers is passionate, dedicated, well organised and super friendly and we’re looking for a new member to join us from September 2023.
The classrooms and the admin zone are attractive, colourful and well-equipped, creating a welcoming place in which to work and study. We have a good local reputation and a solid student return rate. Abbiategrasso is 15 minutes by train from Milan, which has two international airports and well-developed transport networks. It is a pleasant town in the Ticino river park with a population of about 33,000 people. It has a small lively historic centre with a castle and weekly markets and is an ideal countryside base for visiting Milan and the rest of Italy.
Benefits at a glance:
- Training and support in all areas throughout the contract
- Full time registered Italian contract for 20-25 teaching hours per week
- Blocked teaching hours
- Complete resource centre with teacher facilities
- Use of best new didactic materials on interactive panels
- Attractive, well-designed school in modern, accessible centre
- Room in central newly furnished apartment available immediately
- Assistance with ex-pat bureaucracy
- Native speaker of English
- BA Degree in a relevant subject
- Cambridge CELTA or other recognized TEFL certificate
- At least two years of proven teaching experience
- Experience and interest in teaching Young Learners
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Passion for the job
Teachers must be committed to delivering high-quality lessons to young children, teenagers and adults at any linguistic level and should be enthusiastic about participating in school activities and team events.
Abbiate English working days are from Monday to Friday (we are currently closed on Saturdays) with generous holidays at Christmas and Easter.
If you are interested in applying for the position and you have all the requirements, please send an updated CV, including details of where and when you took your EFL qualification to Louise Rutter here:
Want to see more content? Check out our Instagram profile here!
Intellectual growth must begin at birth and cease only at death.
La crescita intellettuale deve cominciare alla nascita e cessare solo alla morte.
– Albert Einstein –